U.S. Diane Black’s gubernatorial campaign is distributing copies of an article she wrote on cancelling the Tennessee Titans season tickets because of some players protesting the national anthem last season and deciding with her husband not to renew them for the coming season.

As Michael Colliins notes, the opinion article ran on Outkick the Coverage, a website hosted by sports commentator Clay Travis. Full article is HERE. Excerpt:

“When the National Football League’s Oilers moved from Houston to Nashville, my husband Dave and I were first in line for season tickets,” she said. “Sports have always been an important part of our lives, and having an NFL team in our city was a dream come true.

“We love going to the Titans games — spending Sunday afternoons with family and fellow Tennesseans, as well as opposition fans that we politely welcome to our city before watching their team crumble under the weight of a superior team and a superior fan base.

“That’s why I was so disappointed to see the NFL and its players disrespect our flag and our anthem during this last season.”

… “For now, my family has decided that we’ll spend Sunday afternoons fishing instead of attending Titans games… And that will continue until the NFL and its players show due respect for The Star Spangled Banner that waves for the land of the free and the home of the brave.”

Note: The article follows a Black TV ad on the same topic, previously posted HERE.

10 Responses to Black follows TV ad opposing national anthem protests with cancellation of Titans season tickets

• William Upton says:

Good for Diane!

• Leslie Parsley says:

I think that’s a great idea. Go Fish and let the player’s play and take a knee in peace. If my grandmom were still alive, she’d be right there with them. Tennessee born and bred, she would never stand for the national anthem at ball games. She believed it was out of place and disrespectful. She died in 1978 at the age of 94 — a true lady and patriot until the end.

• cjmcd says:

“ATTA’ ” girl Diane!

• Steve L. says:

I am a veteran. Not standing for the playing of the National Anthem is disrespectful. This country is weary of the folks who abuse their rights by insulting the sensitivities of others. Probably will not vote for Diane, but I admire her for taking a stand in support of our troops who are risking their lives by putting their bodies between us and terrorists very day. And I sure hope no one ever says that I would not have stood for the National Anthem 40 years after I died. But I guess I would not be around to correct someone like that, would I?

• Tommy Ray Mc Anally says:

IS THERE A BIGGER HIPPOCRATE THAN DIANE BLACK? DIANE BLACK BOUGHT SEASON TICKETS TO THE TITANS. RIGHT. IT MUST HAVE BEEN A WRITE OFF. How MUCH MORE HIPPOCRATICAL CAN A PERSON BE. DIANE BLACK THREW ALL RETIRED MILITARY UNDER THE BUS WITH HER VOTE TO ALLOW CO-PAY FOR OUR PRESCRIPTIONS.. THANKS SO MUCH. BY THE WAYTHANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SERVICE. I THINK DIANE BLACK IS ANYBODYS DOG THAT WILL HUNT WITH HER! Middle Class and below DONOT VOTE FOR THIS WHATEVER. FOLKS DO YOU THINK A PERSON THAT LIVES ON OLD HICKORY LAKE IN A 11 million+ DOLLAR homei is worried about middle class and lower? Don’t believe HER. I SURE DONT. Folks the only reason for comment about The National Anthem is for your VOTE DONOT BUY IT. WHERE was Diane Black’s concern a year ago.? RIGHT.

• Tommy Ray Mc Anally says:

By the WAY ask DIANE BLACK AND THE REST OF CONGRESS AND SENATE IN WASSINGTON WHAT THEY PAY FOR THIER PRESCRIPTIONS AND HEALTH CARE. VOTE EVERY PERSON IN THIS GROUP OUT OF WASHINGTON, DC. PEOPLE YOU ARE PAYING FOR ALL THEIR HEALTH CARE AND THEY WANT GIVE YOU ANYTHING, UNLESS YOU ARE ILLEGAL. DISGRACEFUL AT ITS BEST!

• Michael Lottman says:

t seems that Diane Black will never learn. Without any serious issues to raise in her campaign, she resorts to this nonsense about Titans’ players’ “opposing” the national anthem and it still doesn’t get her very far.
    Most Tennesseans know, or would realize if they thought about it, that the football players who have knelt on the sidelines or whatever are not opposing the national anthem or disrespecting our country or our servicepeople, but rather expressing their belief that our great nation is not living up to its ideals as symbolized by the flag and the national anthem. It is the mildest, least threatening form of peaceful protest–and yet it is designed to get people’s attention because otherwise it would be meaningless. As one of the commentators says, “let the players play and take a knee in peace.”

I totally agree with you Michael. Our great nation is not living up to its ideals as symbolized by the flag. We have disgraced the flag with allowing millions of abortions and rejecting traditional marriage. Of course you would not be so understanding of those players if those were the issues they were protesting. It is not the players that liberals like you are so supportive of, it is the conservative policies and president they are protesting that send you to their defense.

• Steve L. says:

Amen, Eddie. I love how liberals will speak for “most Tennesseans” or reveal what “grandmom” did as proof supporting their ideas. I speak for me. I am a veteran. I am offended. I do not watch the NFL. MAGA.

• Connie Wallace says:

Ask what she and her husband did for her husband’s homeless brother who had substance abuse and mental health issues. NOTHING. They left him in the streets. Heartless and gutless.
    (note: this comment was edited before approved for posting)