Press release from Diane Black campaign

Nashville, Tenn. – Today, Diane Black released a new TV ad, “Border,” which highlights her tough stance on illegal immigration. In Congress, she has worked with President Trump to secure the border and build the wall. As Governor, Diane Black will continue to be tough on illegal immigration and enforce our immigration laws.

Transcript:

Voiceover: “The Southern border is 760 miles from Tennessee. Liberals won’t enforce immigration laws, but our next Governor will – Diane Black.

Diane Black: “There will be no sanctuary cities and no sanctuary policies on my watch. Deputies, police and state troopers will all help enforce the law, or else. No in-state tuition for illegal immigrants. And I will support the President’s efforts to build that wall.”

Voiceover: “For Governor, Diane Black. She fights for what’s right.”

13 Responses to Diane Black’s latest TV ad: She’s against illegal immigration (and in-state tuition bill)

• Lance Persson says:

WOW – Even liberal leaning Humphrey is promoting Diane Black.

Wonder if the Democrats think she will be easier to beat than Bill Lee?

Lance, re: Humphrey; and I thought I was the only one who noticed. Thanks

• Steve Butler says:

The article is clearly labeled “Press release from Diane Black campaign.” Running press releases from campaigns does not imply endorsement. He does the same for other candidates for office. This is pretty basic.

• Tommy Ray McAnally says:

Black may be against illegals BUT,SHE Ain’t GOING to do anything about THEM(ILLEGALS). Folks TALK IS CHEAP and this is nothing BS from Black. Why didn’t Black say something or do something about ILLEGALS six months ago?Maybe Black could down to the border and help the National Guard. No, what am I thinking Black is looking out over Ol Hickory Lake. Do any Illegals live out there? Black is going to do or say anything in this RACE. Don’t BUY it.

• Leslie Parsley says:

Hmmmm, I’m trying to find where Humphrey is “endorsing” Black or anyone else. The text is nothing more than her inflated views of herself from a press release that she generated. Maybe if conservatives would bone up on their reading comprehension skills, they would vote smarter.

• John G. Stewart says:

If the conservatives who regularly contribute to these pages actually boned up on reading comprehension, maybe–just maybe–it would even be possible for our President to bone up on what’s in the Constitution. I know, I know . . . . but miracles still do happen!

• Donna Locke says:

Diane Black is the best pick of the bunch in terms of immigration enforcement. I’ll vote for her.

• Michael Combs says:

After reading her releases and seeing her ads on TV, I can’t imagine who in Tennessee would even consider voting for her. Certainly not me!

Are you a Republican? If so, are you a conservative? If the answer is “Yes” and “Yes” please consider voting for ANYBODY BUT BOYD. If not, “never mind.”

• Jon Parker says:

Define conservative…..

In a sentence a conservative is someone who is generally hostile to government power, especially the power of the federal government, believing that government is a necessary evil whose powers are to be carefully restricted to only those absolutely necessary to the functioning of a well ordered society.

• Donna Locke says:

I just have to mention this. Just now I saw a Twitter account @Education4Libs where the twitterer had posted a photo of wristbands for sale, and apparently Twitter blocked out the photo as “sensitive material.” I clicked on it, and the wristbands just say, “TRUMP 2020” and “KEEP AMERICA GREAT!”

I’m keeping a running list of actions by the Intolerati.

• Misty Pardner says:

Mrs. Black, you might do a little homework on what the State of Tennessee has accomplished concerning the matters you address in this ad. They have already and/or currently dealing with them.