Retiring Corker subject of billboard campaign in Nashville

U.S. Sen. Bob Corker (R-Chattanooga) may be hanging ’em up this year, but that’s not stopping a group called Not One Penny from taking out a billboard near the state Capitol in Nashville to attack him over his vote on President Donald Trump’s tax overhaul.

The Not One Penny campaign is part of the Tax March organization that describes itself as “everyday Americans who are tired of systems that are rigged in favor of the super-rich.” The billboard says that Corker’s vote for the tax bill led enriched the senator personally.

Liberal groups quickly dubbed provisions of the tax overhaul as the “Corker Kickback” that they said swayed the senator to switching his vote from no to yes. Corker has strenuously denied those claims.

Corker himself seemed to be having second thoughts about the vote on the tax bill last week after the Congressional Budget Office estimated that the measure will add $1.9 trillion to national deficits over the next decade.

“If it ends up costing what has been laid out here, it could well be one of the worst votes I’ve made,” he said.

6 Responses to Retiring Corker subject of billboard campaign in Nashville

• Steve L. says:

Voting for you, Senator Corker, was one of the worst votes I’ve ever made.

• Bob Rust says:

Wish I could be home to see this. Don’t let little Bob Corker pretend he didn’t know what he was doing. He’s thieving filth and a coward who went along with all of this and he should be hounded from public life and prosecuted for self-dealing and corruption if possible.

I am not particularly happy with how Bob Corker has conducted himself over the past year, but I don’t believe he voted for the tax cut to provide himself a tax break. I am happy with the tax cut that was proposed by President Trump and was approved by Congress. I think it benefits the working folks and boosts the economy.

• Norma Shirk says:

Every Republican in Congress knew that the tax “reform” bill would enrich the richest, throw a pittance at the middle class, and screw the poor. They knew it would cause the deficit to balloon. They voted for it anyway because they’ll all be living on their Congressional golden parachutes of retirement benefits or dead by the time the rest of us have to clean up their mess. They stopped caring about fiscal prudence the minute a Republican was in the White House. They just think we (i.e., voters) are too stupid to notice.

• cjmcd says:

You sign people are welcome to send the resultant money of your part of the tax cut to me annually. I accept PayPal.

• TommyRay McAnally says:

FOLKS , I SUGGESTED TO ALL THAT COKER IS ANOTHER ONE THAT WILL HUNT WITH ANYBODY, LOOKS LIKES TO ME. SAME WITH BLACK . THIS WHAT I THINK. TIME IS UP! Also, people Don’t let these MILLIONAIRES BUY THIS GOVERNORS RACE. YOU WILL BE SORRY. GUARANTEED.